The GAA released the following statement this afternoon;Covid-19 UpdateThe GAA notes and welcomes the plans published by the government lastFriday and some of the dates included relating to the possible return ofsporting activity, including Gaelic games. The Association will attempt to seek clarity around some of the issues thathave arisen in internal discussions since last Friday including the challenge ofsocial distancing in contact sport.GAA facilities are to remain closed as part of efforts to prevent gatheringswhich breach the restrictions.We are instructing our clubs and counties to continue to adhere to therestrictions and to refrain from organising on-field activity. These measuresare expected to remain in place until July 20.We will continue to monitor the dates and timelines as revealed by theGovernment and our arrangements will remain under constant review.Our units are reminded that the Player Injury scheme is suspended and willremain so until an official return to action protocol is confirmed.The GAA still firmly hopes to be able to play county and club competitions thisyear, subject of course to public health guidance. We can confirm howeverthat no inter-county games are expected to take place before October.Counties are asked, in the interest of players, to suspend all inter-countytraining until further notice. There will be a phased resumption of training atboth club and county level to allow players to prepare appropriately forplaying games.While not categorically ruling out the possible staging of games behind closeddoors later in the year, there appears to be a lack of appetite for this type offixture-scheduling at the current time across the wider Association.The GAA can also confirm the appointment of a dedicated Covid-19 AdvisoryGroup which will advise the Association on matters relating to return to playprotocols and other similar issues.The members of this group are as follows:Shay Bannon (Chairman) – existing Chairman of Health and Safety groupDick Clerkin (existing Chairman of Medical Scientific and Welfare Committee)Dr Pat O’Neill (Dublin)Dr Kevin Moran (Donegal)Dr Jim O’Donovan (Limerick)Dr Seán Moffatt (Chair of Gaelic Medical Association and Mayo team doctor)Paul Flynn (CEO Gaelic Players Association)Stephen Mc Geehan (Head of Operations, Ulster GAA)Tony Mc Guinness (Events and Safety Manager, Croke Park)Sinéad McNulty (CEO An Cumann Camógaíochta)Helen O’Rourke (CEO Ladies Gaelic Football Association)John Horan (Uachtarán CLG)Tom Ryan (Ard Stiúrthóir CLG)Feargal Mc Gill (Director of Player, Club and Games Administration)The outcome of this group’s work will be a graduated approach, informed andguided by the recently published Government Roadmap and by Governmentpolicy from Stormont.Our units have played an important role in the community effort against thepandemic and we thank all of our members for their role in this to date.We also underline the importance of continuing to adhere to the guidelines toensure that the country as a whole meets its targets in the coming weeksallowing us to make progress and facilitate a return to games when it is safe todo so.
Photo: Stan Evans(LOS ANGELES) — Jada Pinkett Smith’s Facebook Watch series Red Table Talk just premiered last month, but it’s already been extended.The show has so far aired six episodes out of 10, but it’s just been announced that the series will air an additional 13 episodes this fall. The series features Pinkett Smith, her daughter Willow and her mom Adrienne Banfield-Norris discussing today’s issues from the viewpoints of three different generations.In a statement, Pinkett Smith said, “The community that has been built around the Red Table is so strong and keeps my mother, Willow and I inspired to keep going…There is so much more to explore together and so many people to bring to the table to do it with us.”She added, “We have learned so much along the way. With that being said, I believe, this next 13…is going to be fire!”If you want to catch up on the series, go to the Watch tab on Facebook, or use the Facebook TV app.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.Powered by WPeMatico Related
A noticeable decrease in rainfall prompted National Emergency Commission (CNE) officials on Thursday to give the green light for hundreds of families in six shelters to return to their homes in the northern and Caribbean regions of Costa Rica.“Rainy conditions have declined significantly, and that has led us to take three specific actions,” CNE operations director Walter Fonseca said Thursday morning. “The first is to approve the return home of 627 people who were in emergency shelters. We also will close the shelters and were able to evaluate all 27 affected communities.”Despite the improving weather, the CNE will maintain a yellow, or preventive, alert in five of the most affected cantons: Sarapiquí, Matina, Siquirres, Pococí, Grecia and San Carlos.In addition to authorizing the return of evacuated residents, CNE crews are delivering food and other supplies.“We asked residents to continue monitoring the areas prone to flooding. We hope they will follow all of our recommendations,”Fonseca said.The National Meteorological Institute has forecast rains to return intermittently in both regions over the next few days.President Luis Guillermo Solís on Wednesday visited several affected communities and reported the government had allocated ₡150 million ($278,000) for emergency supplies. Facebook Comments Related posts:Flooding in Costa Rica prompts evacuation of more than 450 people Route 32 to Caribbean coast reopened to traffic, but officials urge caution Route 32 to the Caribbean reopens under watchful eye of highway officials Intense rains in Costa Rica’s Caribbean, northern regions prompt evacuations